Supporting individuals to sustain housing.
- Staff will provide clients with information on various community supports available to them
- Provide outreach services to assist clients with viewing potential housing when appropriate
- Collaborate with clients to create success plans that affirm client’s goals and objectives
- Connect clients with volunteer mentors
- Provide outreach-based tenancy skills training
- Educate clients on how to be a good tenant and a good neighbor
The focus of the program is to provide respectful, client centered outreach support to individuals who are homeless, newly housed or experiencing housing instability so they are successful and self supportive in sustaining their housing.
Clients need to be capable of living independently (ie: can manage personal care, can make informed decisions, and direct their own life). They need to be willing to accept guidance from and engage with Housing Connect staff as well as volunteer mentors and be at a level of readiness where they can actively participate and engage in creating a success plan that affirms their personal goals and objectives.
The overall goal is to support clients in sustaining their current housing.
The Housing Connect Coordinator is Michelle Evans and she can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. The program is a referral-based program using the attached referral form. We serve individuals on a case by case basis.